WP Recipe Maker automatically includes all your recipe details in the recipe metadata. We use JSON-LD metadata, which is the format that Google recommends. This allows your recipes to show up as rich snippets & rich cards in Google’s search results.
No need to worry about this metadata either. Everything is added automatically behind the scenes when you write your recipes. It is also possible to mark recipes as non-food to not output the metadata.
Feel free to test this page in Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool and you should see the recipe metadata we provide for yourself.
This is how this page shows up in Google as a rich snippet:
Because we have this recipe on the page:
Amazing Vegetable Pizza
- 1 cup water lukewarm
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- red sauce
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ green pepper
- ¼ red pepper
- Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Rest for 5 minutes.1 cup water, 1 tsp instant yeast, 1 tsp sugar
- Combine the flour and salt.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp salt
- Add the yeast mixture and knead until you get a soft ball.
- Place in a bowl and cover. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F or 450 °F.
- Divide the dough and form pizzas.
- Top the pizzas with sauce and vegetables, cook for 15 minutes on the pizza stone.red sauce, 1/4 red onion, 1/4 green pepper, 1/4 red pepper, rosemary