When adding a video to a recipe it will automatically show up inside the recipe box, like in this example recipe.
It’s also possible to use the video shortcode to display the video anywhere you want on the page:
You could then remove the video block from your own recipe template using the Template Editor, so it only shows up on the page once, wherever you want it to be.
The upside of adding the video to the recipe backend is that it will be included in the recipe metadata. The location of the video on your page (inside or outside the recipe box) doesn’t matter, but has to be added to the recipe in the backend.
So you could have the video at the start of your post, and then the recipe itself at the end:
Amazing Vegetable Pizza
- 1 cup water lukewarm
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- red sauce
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine the flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and knead until you get a soft ball.
- Place in a bowl and cover. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough and form pizzas.
- Top the pizzas with sauce and vegetables, cook for 15 minutes on the pizza stone.