With Inline Ingredients you can put the ingredient list inside of the instruction steps. The advantage is that visitors will have the ingredient quantities right where they need them. And if they use the adjustable servings or unit conversion features, the values will adjust accordingly!
In the Template Editor you can also style these inline ingredients differently, so that they immediately draw attention inside of the instruction text. For the example below, we set it to have the inline ingredients “bold”, for example.
- 2 cups tagliatelle
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ cup pine kernels
- 1 ¾ oz basil leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese freshly grated
Fresh Pesto (you can make this in advance)
- We'll be using a food processor to make the pesto. Put 1 clove garlic, 1/8 cup pine kernels and some salt in there and process briefly.
- Add 1 3/4 oz basil leaves (but keep some for the presentation) and blend to a green paste.
- While processing, gradually add 4 tbsp olive oil and finally add 1 oz Parmesan cheese.
Finish the dish
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook 2 cups tagliatelle al dente.
- After about 8 to 10 minutes the pasta should be done. Drain it and put it back in the pot to mix it with the pesto.
- Present the dish with some fresh basil leaves on top.